Wednesday, December 14, 2011

BOXING news 12BET update 12/14


Haye will wait for Vitali

David Haye has said he not given up hope of fighting WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko in the future.


The 31-year-old announced his retirement off the back of his defeat by Klitschko's brother, Wladimir, in July but has since confirmed he hopes to step back in the ring.

The Londoner saw his hopes of a showdown with the 40-year-old scuppered when German broadcaster RTL announced on Monday that Vitali would be fighting Haye's countryman Dereck Chisora.

Haye still believes he has a chance to get back in the ring and is determined not to end his career with a defeat.


"When myself and Vitali potentially fight is unknown as yet but we're still talking," he told The Sun.

"It hasn't really affected me in any way, shape or form.

"I can wait as long as it takes. He's 40 at the moment, I've just turned 31. If he was to leave it five years that's fine by me."

He added: "Technically I would have lied to my fans about retiring if I fight again.

"But those same fans obviously wouldn't ideally want me to finish on a loss.

"They would want me to finish by knocking out either Wladimir or Vitali Klitschko.

"I'm sure they'll forgive me if I get that fight with Vitali and knock him out like I plan to do." - http://www.setanta.com
  






By snookerman with No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment