Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Haye claims self-defence

Former champion says Chisora was the aggressor in Munich



David Haye insists he was acting in self-defence when he clashed with Dereck Chisora in Munich last week.

But while the former world heavyweight champion admits he wishes he hadn't gone to the press conference where the fight took place, he said fellow-Brit Chisora was the one to blame for the unseemly brawl.

Chisora has since apologised for his actions, but Haye has not and told That Sunday Night Show he has no desire to fight him in the ring. "He comes over to me, in my face, I feel his knuckles in my face, what am I supposed to do? I've got to close the show," he said.

"Look at all the camera angles. I had no other option. I could have stood there with my hands by my side and got punched, kicked or spat at. The guy has said on national television he is going to beat me up and break my jaw. Why wouldn't I defend myself? "I've got no desire to fight Dereck Chisora inside the ring or outside the ring. He's lost his last three fights." - http://www1.skysports.com/


By snookerman with No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment