Monday, March 12, 2012

Chisora reveals ban shame

Dereck Chisora admits he is 'really embarrassed' about his behaviour in Munich last month that could lead to a lengthy ban from boxing.



Chisora slapped his opponent Vitali Klitschko in the weigh-in ahead of their WBC heavyweight title challenge on February 18 before spitting water in his brother Wladimir's face during the introductions in the ring.

Then after the fight, which Klitschko won on points, Chisora brawled with David Haye in a post-fight press conference, threatening to 'shoot' and 'burn' the former heayweight champion.Chisora has already been given an indefinite ban from the World Boxing Council but is set to meet the British Boxing Board of Control (BBBoC) on Wednesday and could face further sanctions.Speaking of the incidents in Munich, the Zimbabwe-born fighter told the Independent on Sunday. "Obviously, I regret everything I did and said

"Maybe (the BBBoC) have already made up their minds. Maybe they want to make an example of me. "I just hope they realise how sorry I am and that all I really want is for me to be allowed to get back in the ring again and do what I do best - fight." - http://www.setanta.com

By snookerman with No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment