Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Hatton vows to feast on 'Special K'


Huge underdog Matthew Hatton is relishing the chance to silence his critics again when he fights Kell Brook in Sheffield.


The pair meet for a domestic welterweight dust-up on March 17 with leading bookmakers offering generous prices about the younger brother of the more famous Ricky Hatton.

Sheffield star Brook is tipped for a bright future and made an impressive debut in America when beating Luis Galarza in Atlantic City in December last year.

He will be attempting to make it 27 professional fights unbeaten in his home city next Saturday, but Hatton has other ideas.

The 30-year-old put in a creditable performance when losing to Mexican superstar Saul Alvarez 12 months ago and is ready to go again as the underdog.

"I enjoy being the underdog. I'm a stubborn character by nature and people are making me a massive underdog going into this fight; I certainly don't see it that way," he said.

"This is a fight I go into confident of winning, expecting to win and I like to prove people wrong and being the underdog hasn't worried me throughout my career, and certainly won't do on the 17th," he told Sky Sports. - http://www.setanta.com/

502dbdec03.jpg (653×234)

By snookerman with No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment