Friday, March 2, 2012

WLAD PLAYS DOWN KO FINISH

Wladimir Klitschko is confident he will overcome Jean-Marc Mormeck in Dusseldorf this weekend - but has warned against expecting a knockout victory.



The Ukrainian will defend his IBF, IBO, WBO and WBA heavyweight titles and is bullish he will secure his 14th successive career victory. Klitschko's last outing in the ring was in July 2011 when he breezed past Briton David Haye on points in Hamburg.

"I will do everything in my power to knock a person out, but I won't guarantee it," said Klitschko. "I promised a knockout against David Haye and I didn't deliver. I'm going to do my job."

The 35-year-old has not lost a fight since 2004 when American Lamon Brewster stopped him in Las Vegas, while he also suffered defeat to South African Corrie Sanders a year prior. The celebrated fighter says he uses those defeats as motivation to remain in peak condition.

"The worst thing I can do is just lose my focus," added Klitschko. "I didn't forget what it was like in 2004. I made my payback after losing to Corrie Sanders and Lamon Brewster to work my way back, but haven't forgotten about 2004 when I went to the bottom of the sport. "After the fight we can be more precise and determine what I did. Everything else (beforehand) is just our imagination. I will do my best. The best of course is to win by knockout, best for the fans and my team. So I will do my best." - http://www.sportinglife.com/



By snookerman with No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment