Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Greg Jackson Explains Decision To Corner Jon Jones At UFC 145

Jon Jones had hoped to have his coach Greg Jackson alongside him for his UFC 145 Light Heavyweight Title defense against Rashad Evans but the fact Evans was a former student of Jackson's made things awkward for the sought after coach from New Mexico.







After time, Jackson decided to corner Jones in a few weeks when the title in on the line and explained his decision to MMAFighting.com this week:



"I felt I had kind of a duty to the team," Jackson said on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour. "What I mean by that is Jon Jones is on the team, Rashad has left the team and has made it pretty clear he’s not coming back. My personal feeling, if I wanted to be a little selfish, I would say, 'I don’t want to deal with any of it. I don’t want to be there at all.' But it has to mean something to be on a team. It has to mean something, and I felt I had a duty to do that, because Jon’s on the team, so it’s my responsibility to corner him. Even though it’s a really hard decision, I decided to go with it.""It’s not fun," he said of the situation. "I wouldn’t call it weird, it’s just not fun. I love Jon to death, but I love Rashad, too. And so it’s not a position I enjoy at all. It’s not something I like, but it something I think I have to do."



By snookerman with No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment